Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Creative Space

Today's Creative Space is brought to you by a plastic dress form and a large box of tissues. There's been very little creativity in this house over the last few days. I've been confined to my bed with a nasty case of the flu. Thank goodness for a wonderful hubby and amazing friends (thanks Michelle!) who have taken over looking after the kids and all the cooking needs. I'm on the mend thank goodness. There's a Devonport Craft Market this Sunday and with my partner in crime sick too, it might be a bit of a disaster if at least one of us wasn't well by the weekend.


So here it is. My new top and I'm rather proud of it. This is what I christened my new overlocker with. I am cheating a lot given that I made it last weekend but I hope that given that I currently resemble Rudolph, with Worzel Gummidge hair right now, I hope you will turn a blind eye.


I used the same pattern that I used to make this tunic. I can see that this pattern is going to become a firm favourite. The fabric came from Nick's Fabric on Barry's Point Road in Takapuna (opposite the supermarket). It's a fabric clearing house so I'm not sure if it's still there this week, but if it is and you are local, it's well worth a visit.

On a completely different note, I've very nearly reached the 100 'Likers' stage on my Facebook page. I've promised a giveaway to the facebookers if I reach 100 by the end of the week so why not pop along and 'like' me if you haven't already?

For more Creative Spacers, pop over to Kirsty's and prepare to be awed.

27 comments:

Tammy said...

Ohh I do like your new top! Nice work : )

dash robin said...

lovely fabric and that top looks great. but oh no, the creative space cold caught up with you...i reckon we bloggers gave it to each other ;o) will i be seeing you over here soon?

Cut&Alter said...

Love your new top - wow - wish my overlocker could make one for me! Hope that you are soon feeling better. x

Kellie Christie said...

Great top!! I hope you feel better in time for the markets.

Caroline said...

Great top Sarah - hope you get well soon, colds are doubly bad when you have the family depending on you so much.

imba said...

Lurve that top! Pattern, fabric, both gorgeous! Hope you get well soon so you can wear it out and enjoy it :-)

Michelle said...

Love the top, gorgeous fabric too. Hope you are better before the weekend.

Pam said...

Love it! Beautiful top, I hope you are soon well again too!

Bianca said...

Love the fabric, hope you're feeling better!

xB

Cathie said...

yay, I "like" you! didn't realise you had a FB page.
hope you feel better soon, nothing worse that a sick mummy.
hugs ♥

Jennie said...

Brilliant fabric and style there!
Love it!
Hope you guys are better for sunday!xxx

Unknown said...

Love your top, and hope you are feeling better soon!

Kate said...

LOVE the new top. Do not love all these disgusting winter bugs going around. I hope you feel much better soon. X

74 Lime Lane said...

winter lurgies are the pits, hope you are well on the way to be being better and tip-top for the market! lovely top, the fabric is divine

mel @ loved handmade said...

That's really lovely! I hope you are feeling better very soon - darn those dreaded bugs!

Notchka said...

Really really nice job on the sleeves (I sew, so I know how tricky that binding technique can be). Hope you're feeling better by the weekend.

Jill said...

Oh, hope you're feeling better soon, that top is gorgeous, well done.

Hugs RosieP x

Sally said...

Great top... hope you feel better real soon. Take care.

angelina said...

if i had that pattern i'd sew sew sew. i love it!

My Handmadehappiness said...

get well soon..... the fabric is lovely as is the top!!!

Seaside Siblings said...

great top, love the colour. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Deece said...

Wow, great job on the top! I hope you feel better soon.

Bumpkin Hill said...

Such fun to come across your blog. That top is fabulous, I do hope you feel better soon and that the market goes well. Catherine x

teddybearswednesday said...

Love your new top! I hope you feel better soon. xo

Steph said...

What a gorgeous top...and Worsel Gummidge...you made me giggle...had forgotten completely about that show! Hope you are starting to mend a little you poor love. Sending healthy vibes your way :)

midge said...

love the top, love the pattern, love the fabric and love the colour. hope you are feeling better. take my lead and don't forget your themal undies at the market. stay warm

Anonymous said...

gorgeous - just love the colours and patterns on the fabric. Hope you're feeling better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails