Thursday, July 8, 2010

AWOL Creative Space

Just in case any of you were thinking I've dropped off the face of the Earth, I'm taking a little holiday with my family in Brisbane. I therefore don't really have a Creative Space for you today mainly because I haven't figured out how to upload my photos on to my Dad's computer. In the meantime, check out my Mum's awesome creative space circa 1978.

I suspect my parents may have had shares in Fisher Price. No wonder I have a slight obession with vintage Fisher Price toys. Mum still has that knitting machine and I have a strong suspicion that that is my current sewing machine.

And here's a photo of me modelling one of Mum's creations whilst mauling a wallaby on holiday in Oz, circa 1973.


Pop over to visit the hostess with the mostess for some proper Creative Spaces.

16 comments:

Kim W. said...

i hope your having a lovely time in brissy!

Steph said...

What a cutie!!! And those toys...oh to have a closer look at those. Hope you're enjoying your trip :)

Notchka said...

Enjoy some sunshine! I'm absolutely drooling at your mother's space - light, bright and welcoming [check], tidy [check], cupboards for Africa [check], a door [check]....and now back to reality(sigh). Well its something to aim for in the future. All the best

Caroline said...

Hi, welcome to our little town. Its rather New Zealand style weather at the moment I fear. I love your mum's space, so bright and welcoming. Enjoy your holiday. :)

Makeminemidcentury said...

I see the Fisher Price! Hello, my friends! I remember the little chalk desk.

And I dig the 70s room! There's so much in there that's just great ... right down to the handles on the drawers.

Fab photo!

Jennie said...

Hope you are having a lovely break away!xx

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

love love love the dress you are wearig with the wallaby!

Cathie said...

you look sooo cute!!
enjoy the time away ♥

mel @ loved handmade said...

Enjoy your holiday! Wow those toys are just fantastic, your parents were so good to keep them, all our were tossed long ago..sigh..

Chicken Willow said...

Love the photo of you with the Wallaby. Hope the rest of your holiday is fun.

teddybearswednesday said...

You are a cutie! hope you are having a lovely holiday. xo

teddybearswednesday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

what a little cutie pie you were!! And how clever is your mummy, that dress is adorable! Have a lovely holiday :)

Glennie said...

Can I please have that room now? Beats my boxes all over the place anytime! Have a good break ... x

Sally said...

Wow - what a wonderful "flashback". Your mother's creative space is awesome - as is the dress that you're wearing. Enjoy your holiday.

Anonymous said...

That room hasn't aged at all - still looks great. Easy to see where you creativity comes from! Hope it was a great hol x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails