We had our first Devonport Craft Market of the year on Sunday. I usually go into a bit of a frenzy during the week before a market. I always panic that I don't have enough stock and end up staying up until the wee small hours making toys or appliquing t-shirts.
After nearly 2 years of running the market and repeating this habit, my famly are getting pretty used to it. The housework tends to be neglected a little and dinner is often a last minute, thrown together affair (thank goodness for our beautiful veggie garden!)
I've made a promise to myself to slow down this year, to be more organised and to prioritise what is important. Keeping my family happy is obviously the most important thing to me so I made a real effort this month not to go into a making frenzy and to actually slow down and enjoy the process of creating. It helps when small fluffy things have you pinned down to one spot for long periods of time.
Sometimes, there is movement from the knee-hogger in the form of Kitty-yoga. Yes, those are Maisy's back feet round by her eyes. Very impressive.
So Miss Daisy here managed to make it to the market on Sunday. Nobody chose to take her home with them but there's always next month! I had such a lovely day catching up with friends, both customers and sellers. I nearly sold out of t-shirts and have a few orders to do this week which I'm really looking forward to completing. Applique is one of my favourite things to do and I love it when I have an excuse to do more.
This week started off really nicely too with an award from the gorgeous Wendy of Little Green Bums. Not only does this remarkable lady have 6 gorgeous kids, but she manages to fit amazing crafts and some yummy cooking into her very busy life (all with a great sense of humour that I love). So thanks Wendy.
Now what I need to do is:1. thank and link back to the blogger who nominated you
2. tell 7 things about myself
3. pass on the award to 15 recently discovered blogs
4. let them know about their nomination
I've already completed number one so here are 7 things about me:
1. I'm not actually a Kiwi (I'm English). I ended up here in New Zealand whilst on a working holiday. I gatecrashed a party and met my partner Richard and the rest as they say is history.
2. There are toys in my house that my children aren't allowed to play with.
3. I'm trying to get better at playing Scrabble.
4. I believe coathangers have built a nest in the back of my wardrobe and are breeding at an incredible rate.
5. I need therapy for my op shop addiction.
6. I can speak a little Swahili.
7. I'm terrified of earwigs.
There. I've confessed. So now to pass on this award to 15 well deserving recipients.
Cat of Cat Taylor Design
Chantal of Chantal Vincent Art
Hanna of Craftykin
Dee of Dee Construction
Sarah of Dolls and Daydreams
Janelle of Heart Felt
Mel of Loved
Joanna of Little Minx
Megan of Mousehouse
Kristy of Paisley Jade
Lou of Seaside Siblings
Sarah of Songbird Designs
Jess of Teddybearswednesday
Stella of The Golden Adventures of a Very Dark Horse
Notchka of The Wardrobe
Do have a look at these blogs if you haven't already. There's some great reading there!