Tuesday, February 15, 2011

With all my heart

How was your Monday? Did you celebrate Valentines Day? I am a complete sook at heart and when you come across awesome tutorials like this one (via Lil Magoolie), and you are me,  you just have to have a go.


 Richard took me to see Lloyd Cole for my Valentines gift.  I love his music. I love my man.


So I made him this cake. There was a surprise inside.


The Mr was very impressed. You know what they say about men and hearts and stomachs.
This cake is a perfect fit.
I shall be making one of these for my parents wedding anniversary too
 (so act surprised if you are reading this Mum and Dad!).
They celebrate 40 years of marriage in April.
Here's a photo of them with all their grandkids.
It makes me smile.
Happy Valentine's Day.x

6 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Wow - that looks amazing! Was just talking about that heart cake today and how hard it must be to make!!

Makeminemidcentury said...

You look like your Mum! I'm not even going to ask how you even managed a cake like that - tutorial or not.

Lloyd Cole (and the Commotions)? That's pretty cool.

I'm completely in love with your Header, too, by the way!

And Horseys? Inseparable.

dash robin said...

Sooo cute!! How'd you get that heart in there...I am not into
valentines day at all but this cake kinda rocks!! I want one with a mini sponge bob inside! Cos I am very mature and such...xo Kate

Glennie said...

Love the new header! And the cake. I tried to make my beloved a heart shaped pizza - to give you an idea of how it went, I had to resort to Plan B - normal shaped omelette .... x

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful post - and what an amazing cake. Bet he felt truly loved x

i am baker said...

Lucky guy! Beautiful cake. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails