Do you have a favourite slice that you make? I discovered this one a few months ago and it's been a big favourite ever since. Not only is it extremely yummy, but it's flexible (you can include different things each time depending what you have in your cupboards) and it's super quick and easy to make (always a bonus in this house!) Want the recipe? Here it is:
Sweetened Condensed Milk Slice
1 packet (250g) super wine/digestive/plain/malt biscuits
110g butter, melted
1 1/2 cups chocolate pieces/chips or buttons
1 1/4 cups dried cranberries
1 1/4 cups walnuts
1 can sweetened condensed milk (approx 400g)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Put your biscuits through a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs (or pop them in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin).
- Pour your melted butter into the biscuit crumbs and give them another whizz in the food processor (or stir the butter through the crumbs in a bowl.)
- Pour the butter/biscuit mix into a slice tin (around 30x25cm is a good size) and press them down with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Pop your chocolate, cranberries and walnuts into the food processor (don't worry about cleaning it in between making the biscuit base and this part) and give them a whizz to break down the pieces (or do the bag and rolling pin thing again).
- Sprinkle the chocolate mix over the top of the biscuit base evenly.
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk all over the top of the fruit/nut/chocolate mix. Bake it for 25 minutes.
- Leave it to cool then cut into slices.
- Watch it disappear!