Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Creative Space

My Creative Space is with Eloise today. We've been making some wooden dolls for her eco dolls house. We bought them from Sarah of Dolls and Daydreams Etsy shop. How cute are the little outfits that you can buy in PDF format for your dolls?
Eloise is so pleased with her little family.

Not quite sure what happened to the boy on the left but she's pleased with him so that's okay! Maddy hasn't had a chance to make hers yet but she's already working out if she can reuse the outfits (you get lots to choose from) and create a little wardrobe for her dolls. She is thinking of laminating them and using velcro dots to wrap the outfits around the dolls. Honestly, she scares me sometimes. 6 years old and her creative little brain works overtime!

I've been taking it easy crafting wise over the last couple of days as I'm a little run down but I am going to show you a last minute softie I made for Sunday's market. Her name is Luella Kitten. Do you like her?

I think I might have to make a few more of these. She's made using the Violet pattern from the very talented Bit of Whimsy Prims . I'm seriously tempted by her baby dinosaur pattern too and it's sitting in my Etsy shopping cart right now!

For some fab Creative Spaces, pop along Kootoyoo.

15 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

Oh I'd love to be at your house making wooden dolls!

Makeminemidcentury said...

I love the brother on the left. He's the kind of kid everyone is scared of ... or the sort of little brother that needs some special looking-after.

I prefer the second sort of little brother.

Cute family.

Michelle said...

The dolls look great - what a neat idea for the outfits. Love the little kitten too, very sweet.

Tania said...

Your kitten looks precisely like a Luella. Can't say I've ever thought that about a cat before!

Jill said...

Luella Kitten is just gorgeous! Good luck at your markets on Sunday!

Kathryn Mitchell said...

Ooh! They remind me of the wooden peg dolls my Grandma used to make with me! So cute!

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

They look fantastic, and so does the doll house! Well done girls, you are crafting queens, just like your mummsy!

teddybearswednesday said...

I LLLLoooove the wooden dolls ( especially the boy that went his own way)
xo

Jennie said...

Love the concentration on Miss E and the little fingers doing such delicate work!

Kate said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Love the little people. bet they make for hours and hours of playing in their house.

Seaside Siblings said...

lol, Holly just saw your softie and said "oh mum, make some!". Loving the little dolls Eloise made.

dash robin said...

Cute wee wooden dolls and I love Luella- just gorgeous.
Be gentle on yourself and get better soon, xkate

Notchka said...

I can't wait for crafting sessions with my own - well we can sort of do that now, but she tends to suck the felt tips, et al. *sigh*. The dolls are lovely and I like Maddy's idea - she sounds like a dedicated follower of fashion.

Luella is darling - I love the flower in her hair and her "I'm the cats pjs" expression.

Tammie Lee said...

so cute, i love how attentive she is to her project!

Anonymous said...

the dolls are gorgeous - lovely pic of Eloise too x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails