Sunday, January 15, 2012

Matchy matchy

A new job and too many commitments have meant a lot of quietness from me on this blog over the last few months. I decided over Christmas to take a break from selling at markets for about 6 months to give me more time to focus on jobs around the house and doing the sewing projects I want to do but never have time for.

This is one of those projects. I found the tutorial for the dress here. It's for a smaller child than Eloise so I used the bodice of one of her other dresses as a template for upsizing the dress. It's looking a little wrinkled as she's worn it for 3 days this week (*insert happy mummy sigh here*). I ended up cutting off some of the skirt as I made it too long and then saw that this could be one of those happy mistakes as the offcut was exactly the right length for Eloise's doll Mandy. I used an existing doll dress to get roughly the right size for the bodice, used the offcut for the skirt as I mentioned (you only need half of the full circle of patchwork pieces for a dolly skirt) and now Eloise and Mandy can be matchy matchy.
So cute!

9 comments:

Wendy Bernstein said...

Been missing you, and glad to know there's a happy explanation for it. Enjoy your "down time!"
xx

Megan said...

Funny I just thought about you yesterday thinking I hadn't read your blog for a while! Love the outfits, my 4 year old got a matching dress and doll for christmas and its her favourite dress now too :)

tartankiwi said...

Isn't it a great feeling when your child loves the dress that you've made for her! My daughter and her favourite doll also got matching outfits for Christmas and they are her favourites too... long may it continue!

jennie said...

Hi Sarah! Have missed your blog these last few months - love the dresses!!XX

BigLittle said...

This looks so lovely - even better when they love it too :) xx

Leonie said...

beautiful dresses!

Glennie said...

Hi Sarah. I've missed you. This is so sweet. My Mum made some amazing dresses for me when I was little and when she made one for herself I laways got a matching one !! xx

littleminx said...

Yay, she's back and she Rocks! Loving the dress, no wonder she loves it so much, what great fabrics and a wondeful pattern. I feel that happy Mummy smile! Great to have you back Sarah x

sooryavamsi bleachedcotton said...

Thank you for providing clear information on this. you can also refer Bleached Cotton Rolls Manufacturers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails